baffled again

e: buffled again

aerdil posted:

i recently subscribed to monthly review and all the articles have been fairly interesting. but i also noticed since its a nonprofit they have to disclose their subscription numbers and it's only about 5,000 which is pretty depressing but at least it means im definitely on a list at the fbi somewhere

monthly review 0wns

The getfiscal for mod banner is from 2008 or something and does not reflect on the amazing group of posters we've assembled at this time.
as a confirmed catholic im kinda PO'd i never show up on those church banners
pray about it
lol i thought monthly review had way more than 5k subscribers. damn.
I'm excited to read the poem in this month's monthly review <- sarcasm
5000 subscribers is a lot for a small press run.
yeah. that poem./ lol
this months edition was vol. 66 no. 6 :satan:

getfiscal posted:

how many of those subscribers are college libraries

[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

getfiscal posted:

not that many probably. idk. it doesnt seem like the type of thing a college library would keep around.

[account deactivated]
its a coffee table book about trotskyism
[account deactivated]

stegosaurus posted:

swampman posted:

getfiscal posted:

not that many probably. idk. it doesnt seem like the type of thing a college library would keep around.

good answer

ive never seen it at the huge academic library I go to. therefore,
aren't you jerks on twitter. can't you ask dabid grabert why they stole his mojo
I quit twitter because it's garbage for idiots and it funds terrorism.
yeah twitter is bad. but i am addicted to my mentions tab blowin up

daddyholes posted:

aren't you jerks on twitter. can't you ask dabid grabert why they stole his mojo

i tried this and got kicked off the twitter

[account deactivated]
how come everything i like turns out to be objectively bad
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

did you know i was almost a lawyer

How did you fail?

Lykourgos posted:

tpaine posted:

did you know i was almost a lawyer

How did you fail?

Can't you read? He was almost a lawyer

just seems like something where all the work has already been done to revenge ourselves on baggler in front of maybe 10 of their 20 subscribers through an open letter to their peers about how they cut out the Capitalism. is this not a den of sick owns and choice burns from the grill
i mean didnt biffler write like two cover articles in the last year about first the daily show and then Vice, specifically accusing them of doing shit like this lol, seems like they are counting on no one translating it themselves??
Good thing for The Beffler nobody speaks the language of exotic france.
le capitalisme

daddyholes posted:

i mean didnt biffler write like two cover articles in the last year about first the daily show and then Vice, specifically accusing them of doing shit like this lol, seems like they are counting on no one translating it themselves??

this sounds like an ok idea but I feel like putting something on the front page of rhizzone.net makes it look like a joke since it is a joke on a joke website. otoh the bubbler is a joke too so maybe that's appropriate. I'll try writing something

can we add 4 more layers to rhizzones irony level? i'm feeling exposed, fellas

drwhat posted:

daddyholes posted:

this sounds like an ok idea but I feel like putting something on the front page of rhizzone.net makes it look like a joke since it is a joke on a joke website. otoh the bubbler is a joke too so maybe that's appropriate. I'll try writing something

id say once its written, maybe blast it to a bunch of leftist sites and twitter harass the principles about it, but im no mark zubercorm

drwhat posted:

daddyholes posted:

do it please, you've done a beautiful thing and that beauty is meant to be shared

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

lol my last rick scott thing is there. i should make a new one to celebrate his reAscention

do it please, you've done a beautiful thing and that beauty is meant to be shared

tpaine posted:

lol my last rick scott thing is there. i should make a new one to celebrate his reAscention

A 90-year-old man is facing up to 60 days in jail for feeding the needy due to a new law that bans people in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, from meal-sharing with the public.

people always ask me, why did you leave ftl florida? it must be like paradise! and now instead of the rambling monologue i usually give, filled with examples of gross wealth disparity, ageism, and anti-semitism, i can just hand them a slip of paper with that one sentence on it