UT5MY3C86bk
oh michael...
[account deactivated]
meow
also this posting is still in line with my new jerry springer persona:

[account deactivated]

NoFreeWill posted:

It's cool how noone actually knows what's going on or really understands any of it, none of us know anyone who lives there, and we can't actually do anything about it.

So we went to war to take Middle East oil but now since fracking we actually want to destabilize the MIddle East so oil is expensive, which is why we are funding ISIS to take out Assad but whoops they're taking over Iraq, which is actually good because fuck oil prices being low, but wait we're bombing them, because we want control of the Middle East so we can cut off oil to other countries, not make the price higher. And air power is definitely going to be enough to solve this problem without boots on the ground, but they're already on the ground, and the vidoe is fake, except its not fake just edited, and the propaganda is in the stories about it, not the fakeness. Oh and the CIA is responsible for all this, but actually they're not, theres a bunch of other actors who are responsible but we don't know who they are because of state secrets.

this is the mind of a conspiracy theorist. a conspiracy theory has two aspects: the illuminati/USA/zionists are behind everything and they are always successful and cannot be stopped. while in middle east affairs the U.S. is mostly responsible for all sides (even our enemy Assad was imposing neo-liberalism and pivoting towards the west before we decided to overthrow him!) they are rarely fully successful which is where you're going wrong. The U.S. largely failed in Iraq because of mass non-violent protest, a lack of any pro-U.S. group that was powerful/stable enough, and the strength of Iran and China.

also don't forget we are not malthusians but marxists, while oil is key to understanding the global economy and politics, it is a manifestation of the fundamental contradiction of the falling rate of profit and crises of overproduction. looking at pure oil production is not that helpful, far more important is the function of oil control in coming out on top of inter-imperialist conflict and the yet-to-be-solved depression of 2008 like jools pointed out.

i agree with baby huey, about this and many other things

babyhueypnewton posted:

NoFreeWill posted:

It's cool how noone actually knows what's going on or really understands any of it, none of us know anyone who lives there, and we can't actually do anything about it.

So we went to war to take Middle East oil but now since fracking we actually want to destabilize the MIddle East so oil is expensive, which is why we are funding ISIS to take out Assad but whoops they're taking over Iraq, which is actually good because fuck oil prices being low, but wait we're bombing them, because we want control of the Middle East so we can cut off oil to other countries, not make the price higher. And air power is definitely going to be enough to solve this problem without boots on the ground, but they're already on the ground, and the vidoe is fake, except its not fake just edited, and the propaganda is in the stories about it, not the fakeness. Oh and the CIA is responsible for all this, but actually they're not, theres a bunch of other actors who are responsible but we don't know who they are because of state secrets.

this is the mind of a conspiracy theorist. a conspiracy theory has two aspects: the illuminati/USA/zionists are behind everything and they are always successful and cannot be stopped. while in middle east affairs the U.S. is mostly responsible for all sides (even our enemy Assad was imposing neo-liberalism and pivoting towards the west before we decided to overthrow him!) they are rarely fully successful which is where you're going wrong. The U.S. largely failed in Iraq because of mass non-violent protest, a lack of any pro-U.S. group that was powerful/stable enough, and the strength of Iran and China.

also don't forget we are not malthusians but marxists, while oil is key to understanding the global economy and politics, it is a manifestation of the fundamental contradiction of the falling rate of profit and crises of overproduction. looking at pure oil production is not that helpful, far more important is the function of oil control in coming out on top of inter-imperialist conflict and the yet-to-be-solved depression of 2008 like jools pointed out.

babyhueypnewton posted:

The U.S. largely failed in Iraq because of mass non-violent protest,

Petrol posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

The U.S. largely failed in Iraq because of mass non-violent protest,

http://peacenews.info/node/7709/behind-iraqi-crisis-crushing-nonviolent-sunni-uprising

I was talking about in Iraq, not the U.S. if that wasn't clear.

i assuemd thats what u meant (and its true) but that post is still funny hehe

babyhueypnewton posted:

http://peacenews.info/node/7709/behind-iraqi-crisis-crushing-nonviolent-sunni-uprisingI was talking about in Iraq, not the U.S. if that wasn't clear.

I assumed thats what you meant also. But uh, okay. There was a non violent protest movement, and it was crushed, and thats why the US failed. Yes.

Also,

The leader of Occupy Fallujah, sheikh al-Hamoudi, told Fontan she was the first Westerner to visit the encampment: ‘As we parted, he asked me to think about the following point: if no one listens to Occupy Fallujah when they are employing Western non-violent collective action strategies, how else could they make their voices heard?

Fucking lol

Lol

discipline posted:

Well I watched it before they yanked it off the entire internet and

1. It's fake
2. It's so fake it's easily recognizable as being fake

The guy could be dead but he wasn't killed in this video, there is no beheading in this video, in fact there is no blood shed in this video. Yet it's immediately pulled off the internet and all media is reporting it as a VIDEO WHERE HE WAS BEHEADED, not allegedly, not purports to show, just IS.

So why did they pull it? If it's a casus belli then it's really irresponsible to not investigate how fake it seems.

And why did ISIS release something so fake?

i need to reply to this because when i first read this i dismissed it as totally delusional, but then it turned out she was completely right. mainstream news is now covering the issue that the video appears doctored. i have since watched the video myself and agree it is fishy as heck. so props

Agnus_Dei posted:

discipline posted:

1. It's fake

The guy could be dead but he wasn't killed in this video, there is no beheading in this video, in fact there is no blood shed in this video. Yet it's immediately pulled off the internet and all media is reporting it as a VIDEO WHERE HE WAS BEHEADED, not allegedly, not purports to show, just IS.

So why did they pull it? If it's a casus belli then it's really irresponsible to not investigate how fake it seems.

i need to reply to this because when i first read this i dismissed it as totally delusional, but then it turned out she was completely right. mainstream news is now covering the issue that the video appears doctored. i have since watched the video myself and agree it is fishy as heck. so props

the infallible science of marxism-leninism works perfectly as usual

Well. In a world of drone strikes, where the entire leadership of ISIL/ISIS could have been quietly and efficiently bumped off before it became IS, and where any doctored video could be identified as such and mainstream coverage quietly denied to it on that basis - in such a world, is it possible that this is western psychological warfare, after all? Perhaps that is in fact the simplest and best explanation.
The notion that America was forced out of Iraq by nonviolent resistance is some Chomsky BS and a radical marxoteen should not shy away from the reality of the success of violent resistance to colonialist invasion

Agnus_Dei posted:

discipline posted:

1. It's fake

Notice that every one of these fucker articles included some caveat like, "Foreign policy analysts still agree that Foley was murdered, but..."

bush hid the facts
shd have had a brazilian

Panopticon posted:

we cia here at the cia use cia wallpapers in our cia monitors inside our cia hq (and we can shoot frontal medium shots without any cameras)

what was the name of that photoshop cartoonist dude who'd make jew chemtrails stuff?

Prospero posted:

Panopticon posted:

we cia here at the cia use cia wallpapers in our cia monitors inside our cia hq (and we can shoot frontal medium shots without any cameras)

what was the name of that photoshop cartoonist dude who'd make jew chemtrails stuff?

you mean DEES?

deesnutz
yes thank you! lol hes a peach

swampman posted:

.custom246967{color:#283818 !important; background-color:#E1EDEA !important; }Agnus_Dei posted:.custom246045{color:#04048C !important; background-color:#F7F7F7 !important; }discipline posted:Well I watched it before they yanked it off the entire internet and

1. It's fake

And why did ISIS release something so fake? i need to reply to this because when i first read this i dismissed it as totally delusional, but then it turned out she was completely right. mainstream news is now covering the issue that the video appears doctored. i have since watched the video myself and agree it is fishy as heck. so propsNotice that every one of these fucker articles included some caveat like, "Foreign policy analysts still agree that Foley was murdered, but..."

did you see the photo posted in this thread where his head is cut off and lying on his corpse?

that was tpaine
you guys rage at goatstein because he watches a tasteful video where an overtanned guy with tribal tattoos blows his load on a meth-addled coed and now it turns out you repeatedly view beheading videos on any flimsy pretense
i do believe he was beheaded and that the photo of him beheaded is real. however the video has two major problems which is that he goes to cut the guy's neck and makes six strokes against it and yet there is no blood, then it cuts to black. and then the knife in the photo is different than the knife used when going against his neck. nobody knows the reason why, and it might not really change anything, but it's worthwhile to note the beheading portion in the video is faked.
well theres not even a beheading portion of it. most reasonable explanation is that they did the mock execution videos one day, then the actual execution off-camera a few days later; which is what people who actually watched it have been sayin' since it got released.

contrasted to the media where its sensationalized as a GRUESOME beheading video that must NEVER BE SEEN so that it gets pulled from twitter, et. al. meanwhile u can still get served up ur dose of non-white arab men bein' snuff filmed in all its gory detail all u want. the sanctity of the white man otoh is preserved.
maybe tom and his colleagues made an obviously fake video for the purpose of creating a bloggable buzzworthy meme for everyone to talk about thus ensuring a widespread distribution of the core message about the existence of bloodthirsty muslim savages
so, what's the consensus? How about that James Foley?

c_man posted:

so, what's the consensus? How about that James Foley?

He was funny but kind of pigeon-holed into a physical comedy style due to his weight. I enjoyed his time on SNL and his later movies even though they were very formulaic.

haha s`cker, you just wrote my next paper for me!~!

NoFreeWill posted:

swampman posted:

.custom246967{color:#283818 !important; background-color:#E1EDEA !important; }Agnus_Dei posted:.custom246045{color:#04048C !important; background-color:#F7F7F7 !important; }discipline posted:Well I watched it before they yanked it off the entire internet and

1. It's fake

And why did ISIS release something so fake? i need to reply to this because when i first read this i dismissed it as totally delusional, but then it turned out she was completely right. mainstream news is now covering the issue that the video appears doctored. i have since watched the video myself and agree it is fishy as heck. so propsNotice that every one of these fucker articles included some caveat like, "Foreign policy analysts still agree that Foley was murdered, but..."

did you see the photo posted in this thread where his head is cut off and lying on his corpse?

Did you see the Adobe Photoshop CC 15.0?

Ok, I'm not sure that I actually think that was photoshopped, but HECK, YOU KNOW? IT COULD BE, AND WAS
i dont get it do isis want to be bombed by the us
how hard would it have been for the U.S. gov't to claim "the video has been edited, some of the key things we're talking about were cut out"? but they didn't and it had to come out in the press. so why didn't they? hmmm maybe its because they dont really give a shit what is actually in the video and only care about upkeep on their various lies.
1a0bZ8fOZfo