littlegreenpills posted:

this. show your parents this thread and chances are they will find a suitable girl for you. after triumphally rubbing in your face for hours how you shd have listened to them in the first place and not waste time w white girls its the least they can do

i wont even touch how dysfunctional my parents are w/r/t this and the prospects of finding a nice muslim girl i'd actually be compatible with.

did date an averagely spiritual iranian girl (i.e. inconsistently religious) who is drop dead gorgeous but she thought i was cheap and mocked having a car (lexus es300) from 1995. she still asks me for career advice which she rejects.

as a tangent, it's remarkable how many people ask me for advice and then reject it. v v (there's some irony here, in context of all of this im sure)

i, too, have had my advice rejected. apparently "don't cheat on your partner" is not that attractive to some people. although "maybe date someone you like who is nearby" has apparently worked well enough. it's a mixed bag.

guidoanselmi posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

this. show your parents this thread and chances are they will find a suitable girl for you. after triumphally rubbing in your face for hours how you shd have listened to them in the first place and not waste time w white girls its the least they can do

i wont even touch how dysfunctional my parents are w/r/t this and the prospects of finding a nice muslim girl i'd actually be compatible with.

did date an averagely spiritual iranian girl (i.e. inconsistently religious) who is drop dead gorgeous but she thought i was cheap and mocked having a car (lexus es300) from 1995. she still asks me for career advice which she rejects.

as a tangent, it's remarkable how many people ask me for advice and then reject it. v v (there's some irony here, in context of all of this im sure)

i totally understand this, my own parents in a quixotic attempt to avoid acting white despite having all the authenticity of a Ukrainian nationalist in Oshawa have actually rendered them into punjabi weeaboos whom the rest of the community deeply detest. realtalk tho this whole issue of compatibility is the letdown here, the fact you're a human being and she's another human being means there's no gap that can be bridged while you still remain yourselves. my advice is to find a woman whose extraordinary levels of presumption and entitlement cause you to abandon and subsume all shreds of personal identity save those you can channel into posting on a comedy Stalin forum for autistic teenage CIA agents. godspeed

thats precisely the advice i came for. ty for that and your thread lgp
Hook me up with that goofy Persian bitch pls

littlegreenpills posted:

guidoanselmi posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

i totally understand this, my own parents in a quixotic attempt to avoid acting white despite having all the authenticity of a Ukrainian nationalist in Oshawa have actually rendered them into punjabi weeaboos whom the rest of the community deeply detest. realtalk tho this whole issue of compatibility is the letdown here, the fact you're a human being and she's another human being means there's no gap that can be bridged while you still remain yourselves. my advice is to find a woman whose extraordinary levels of presumption and entitlement cause you to abandon and subsume all shreds of personal identity save those you can channel into posting on a comedy Stalin forum for autistic teenage CIA agents. godspeed

U mean a white girl basically, also that didn't work for me but ymmv

http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-a-Wedding

babyfinland posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

guidoanselmi posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

U mean a white girl basically, also that didn't work for me but ymmv

good hunting, your daddy im fucking a coloured religious replacement for a personality will come up roses for sure

whoever you marry, just make sure they are hot enough to present to your mom; this is the most important thing about marriage i think.

(edit: should be hotter than u)

Edited by Peelzebub ()

most moms have low standards, c.f. yours
ur p good at this
[account deactivated]
its all in my threadus mirabilis from abt a year ago
this feels like the okcupid thread in gbs
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
so inspired by my ex's comment that'd she'd have to do "cost benefit analysis" of whether or not she wants to get back together with me in the future, i did the most xkcd thing imaginable and made a real* cost-benefit tool for whether or not to commit to a relationship upon moving/ going somewhere new (or in general, i guess, but you have to change some of the equations).

*sadly, i cant make a monte carlo model in excel on mac because of the lack of VB so i can only look at one randomly generated "acceptable" suitor at a time and im too lazy to deal with applescript atm so cost-benefit portion actually isn't complete in a meaningful way. the probability of finding an "acceptable" and "safe" significant other in out years is complete along with value proposition of "acceptable" suitors vs a "safe" suitor. fwiw "acceptable" is someone who is generally compatible but where there will be some friction in the relationship and "safe" is someone where there will be no appreciable friction.
lol

conec posted:

yes rosie

lol

from lesswrong.com the rationalist cult:
So I broke up with Alice over a long conversation that included an hour-long primer on evolutionary psychology in which I explained how natural selection had built me to be attracted to certain features that she lacked.

No, it was in a car, and I had written it up in a 20-page document I printed off, but then I recited it from memory anyway. I'm kinda glad I don't have that document anymore

guidoanselmi posted:

so inspired by my ex's comment that'd she'd have to do "cost benefit analysis" of whether or not she wants to get back together with me in the future, i did the most xkcd thing imaginable and made a real* cost-benefit tool for whether or not to commit to a relationship upon moving/ going somewhere new (or in general, i guess, but you have to change some of the equations).

*sadly, i cant make a monte carlo model in excel on mac because of the lack of VB so i can only look at one randomly generated "acceptable" suitor at a time and im too lazy to deal with applescript atm so cost-benefit portion actually isn't complete in a meaningful way. the probability of finding an "acceptable" and "safe" significant other in out years is complete along with value proposition of "acceptable" suitors vs a "safe" suitor. fwiw "acceptable" is someone who is generally compatible but where there will be some friction in the relationship and "safe" is someone where there will be no appreciable friction.

goddamn

i used to do cost/risk engineering. it's rather straightforward but a little time consuming. this is more academic masturbation as i told her the idea itself is pretty ludicrous. to be clear its not for the purposes of convincing her or anything naive/stupid like that. maybe i can sell it to okcomrade???

i ended up running 10 monte carlo runs by hand. i put in approximate error bars because i cant get excel to do variable errors from table:

now to spend the rest of my day modeling background radiation for an observatory.
quickly, someone. think of a No Rigidity joke.
dude i used to regret dropping out my physics phd program and literally making posts for a living, thank you for curing me
your welcome. seriously get the fuck away from this shit.

guidoanselmi posted:

monte carlo runs by hand

this sounds masochistic

well, i imagine he's been doing a lot of stuff by hand since his girlfriend dumped him

me, readin dis thread
[account deactivated]
hey anyone wanna help me
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

reading these old posts-- how would pre-2016 ppl describe what the rhizzone used to be?

An early formation of the eventual most influential BBS of all time, while it was still purging reactionary elements. Same as I'd describe it today.

Cuntessa_Markievicz posted:

hey anyone wanna help me

id give it a shot but you picked a hell of a thread for this

please dont bump old threads about so called 'relationships'. we practise chastity and celibacy nowadays on this forum

toyotathon posted:

reading these old posts-- how would pre-2016 ppl describe what the rhizzone used to be?

just a small group of people who knew each other from somewhere else who kept posting that way on another site. that explains a lot of the weird in group shit.

toyotathon posted:

toyotathon posted:

Wow i used to be a real weirdo

getfiscal posted:

Superabound posted:

hey getfiscal have you considered becoming a college professor

The one thing I've never been able to understand is the randomized capitalization