farms or Kevens young curvy posting career
that was pretty lol-worthy, also agree w/ur conclusion. i wish every leftmag had one article in it written in MaoSpeak on a minor split over opportunism in a party in turkey
they should have assigned us one article each or something. im not reading a whole magazine
[account deactivated]
no, when I suddenly suffer some terrible public humiliation that forces my retirement from my animal business, then i will have time for it again.
discipline wanted me to mention that i declined the subscription and gifted it to george w bush.

swampman posted:

gifted it to george w bush.

the contest is over

thats pretty funny
did the baffler editors actually name swampman a winner?
[account deactivated]
imagine i edited the bush 9/11 reading book to kids picture with the berfler instead

discipline posted:

he was chosen a winner by upvotes. I'm not sure the baffler editors read the entries at all.

i thought the baffler editors read all our posts

make teh baffler forum and make thebaffler mod. Through their readership we could add literally 5-10 new users to this baleful fuckhole
i am extremely disappointed to find that the baffler hasnt even tweeted once about this
I wonder what kind of critique would have inspired a response. probably Summers was hoping to have xher ego backstroked by somebody saying, "oh, you ultra-Leftists are always so pessimistic, there's still revolutionary potential at MIT"

getfiscal posted:

imagine i edited the bush 9/11 reading book to kids picture with the berfler instead

Haha, could somebody with elite skills at ph't'ch'ps, please, as the title image for the front page. Finishing edits now. Also please put conec's response on the front page. Hahaha i love dissing this zine

i googled baffler and it looks like the onion av club style thing, why are we shitting our diapies abt this magazine exactly
u might even say that ur.......... baffled ?
baffled more ppl arent punnin
the name of the magazine is the baffler
its also a verb denoting bewilderment and confusion
i would say that i am indeed quite baffled
i cooked a whole bowl of asparagus and mushrooms and now im not hungry at all so im just eating the piece of toast on the side
most of my gen x lefty friends are really sentimental about da bafflah. apparently there was nothing else to make them giggle at and feel extra cool about at the time. proto-jacobin

babyfinland posted:

i googled baffler and it looks like the onion av club style thing, why are we shitting our diapies abt this magazine exactly

they asked

Senorah posted:

most of my gen x lefty friends are really sentimental about da bafflah. apparently there was nothing else to make them giggle at and feel extra cool about at the time. proto-jacobin

maybe it was cooler back then like lawn darts and the Sandinistas

daddyholes posted:

babyfinland posted:

they asked

does someone know someone who works there or some shit

t money knows a guy
i bet she does lol!!!!!!
an editor reads the rhizzone. But definitely not your posts, because they are really shit

swampman posted:

Backus posted:

swampman thta was incredible, i lolled repeatedly and will steal some of your jokes for irl

maybe you should use them as part of the recruitment script for tHE rHizzonE rEGistration drivE

i admit i am pretty proud of this and am editing it up for front page, but i really crave baffler to acknowledge feeling the slap. I want the attention. Give it to me the attention

The jokes felt autogenerated by the content and I can easily keep up with three issues a year, so, i'm ready to play again. i would love multiple subscriptions to the baffler so i can leave dozens of issues around on my coffee table, to "baffle" my guests with, Lol

I would definitely like criticism of weaker parts, and bad/unexplained logic. You can tell that I started getting lazier after the initial burst, but anyway this ended up being 4000 words, a good length for long-form article. I think most of you could do this for any given "left" magazine, you just need to find 1 or 2 points per article, and hammer on them like they're the only thing that matters. If you finding the good points it seems to end up that they are. I was surprised that baffler was so weak, having never read it, but maybe the topic "play" caused it to be particularly twee.

despite all this, it is still good.

The Baffler is a long running inside joke @ da C.I.A

Crow posted:

an editor reads the rhizzone. But definitely not your posts, because they are really shit

swampman posted:

getfiscal posted:

Haha, could somebody with elite skills at ph't'ch'ps, please, as the title image for the front page. Finishing edits now. Also please put conec's response on the front page. Hahaha i love dissing this zine

ok guys listen up swampman's article cant go up until someone gets this done. i wanna see it

Edited by swampman ()

here's the back cover
you know what he's doing in that picture? trying to remember which building the world trade center is. he's thinking "world trade center, sounds important" lol

discipline posted:

Like, the caliber of work here is kinda bad, even articles posted to the front page seem sometimes like a proud mom putting her kid's art on the fridge (many of them are mine full disclosure). We all have the capacity to produce work that exceeds the Baffler or anywhere else in quality but we hate ourselves, which is how you know we're sincere about our politics. Joey saw the promise and build us this wonderworld. That's why daddy left us forever.

#content