[account deactivated]
hell, i was going to give it my best shot, but this looks like a great issue. the only thing i'd add was maybe an article praising the guy who just shot a bunch of people at fort hood.
Someone page Keven for a few chapters so he can stop tweeting about threads and LIVE THEM.
nice. iain bogost, your time is extrmeley fucking nigh *sharpens Corn*
haha did they really do that.
hello CIA
what"ss the huffer
they must have just googled random leftist stuff on the internet. the front page looks like it has writers, i guess they must have mistaken this for a place that matters

i tried to look at the front page to verify this but i was reminded that i can't look at it because if your browser is set to request french language, the front page has a redirect loop, so i haven't seen it in months. vive le quebec libre
i think keven taught the baffler people all about fire. and now theyre after the rest of our deepest most advanced secrets...
This is the list we have to work with?

Introduction
John Summers

Against Merit
Gabriel Zaid

Nerds on the Knife Edge
Jaron Lanier

God’s Game
Erik Simon

The Real Toy Story
Michael Wolf

The People’s Republic of Zuckerstan
John Summers

What’s the Point If We Can’t Have Fun?
David Graeber

A Thing or Two about a Thing or Two, a.k.a. Science
Barbara Ehrenreich

The Billionaires’ Fantasia
Gene Seymour

Hoard d’Oeuvres: Art of the 1 Percent
Rhonda Lieberman

Play, Dammit!
Heather Havrilesky

Rage Against the Machines
Ian Bogost

Neoliberalism, the Revolution in Reverse
Chris Lehmann

Deal Me Out: A stacked deck at the New York Times
Alex Pareene

The Vertically Integrated Rape Joke: The triumph of Vice
Anne Elizabeth Moore

Bcc: Dridge
Paul Maliszewski and J. Wagner

Chemical Life
Timothy Donnelly

Learned
Fanny Howe

Narcissus Tweets
Airea D. Matthews

Concerned Possibly Overly Concerned with the Eagle Warehouse & Storage Company of Brooklyn 1893
Dara Wier

It was the year we turned to dragons
Metta Sáma

What It Look Like
Terrance Hayes

A Poet’s Guide to the Assassination of JFK
Thomas Sayers Ellis

Feminism for Them?
Susan Faludi

Tom Clancy, Military Man
Andrew Bacevich

Decently Downward: An appointment with John O’Hara
William T. Vollmann

How Sweet Is It?
George Scialabba

Feminism for Men
Floyd Dell

That means 14+ critiques for the mandatory minimum?

how about he gives half of us subscriptions, upfront, and we come to an agreement about who exacly will be critiquing what. my address is 1000 Colonial Farm Rd McLean, VA 22101 thanks
instead of a subscription it should be the money equivalent, in unmarked bills, left in a nondescript paper bag at a prearranged dropoff point somewhere in New York
i can independently confirm that 1) this is real and 2) it is specifically a rhizzone only offer, as the editor of the baffler is a rhizzone fan irl.
whoa, mustang edits the baffler?
rhizzone having fans makes me think that it is simply some sort of minimalist architecture, like a sparse pavilion covering an expanse of 'vague left horseshit', that people with too much time on their hands admire from the distance. To put it another way, Rhizzone content/brand ratio is pretty low, but its audience growth is a tapered explosive curve. the ROI data is simply amazing. Subscribe to rhizzone for more curated content delivered straight to your RSS iphone feed
the real contest is: how best to monetize the rhizzone?
Welcome to Rhizzone

I'm a good dancer so i clicked this thread hoping the title was true.
baffled again

stegosaurus posted:

nice. iain bogost, your time is extrmeley fucking nigh *sharpens Corn*

he's a bigtime fag who thinks object oriented philosophy is anything other than a bad computer science pun.

NoFreeWill posted:

he's a bigtime fag who thinks object oriented philosophy is anything other than a bad computer science pun.

we don't use that word here.

i didnt read this bullshit but im sure it sucks! i fucking hate this garbage piece of shit!!!!!!!!!
david graeber wrote a baffler piece in which he claimed that atoms/molecules play to account for consciousness' material basis lol.
WHo knows what critique lurks in the heart of Men?

The Baffler knows
why would anyone pay for a magazine in tyool 2001
if you can afford magazines, care to buy magazines, or read baffler, yor a rich liberal.

NoFreeWill posted:

david graeber wrote a baffler piece in which he claimed that atoms/molecules play to account for consciousness' material basis lol.

I liked that article a lot, and shared it with friends and family.

NoFreeWill posted:

I liked that article a lot, and shared it with friends and family.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i just posted something way too long about the baffler. all of my posts deserve all upvotes in thanks for the love and respect that I pay to all posters. that said if I were sent a subscription to the baffler I would throw it in the trash, so please do not consider me a part of this contest, and make better posts than my dumb one about this pile of frivolous garbage for which you will be rewarded a subscription to said frivolous pile of garbage.

discipline posted:

Like, the caliber of work here is kinda bad, even articles posted to the front page seem sometimes like a proud mom putting her kid's art on the fridge (many of them are mine full disclosure). We all have the capacity to produce work that exceeds the Baffler or anywhere else in quality but we hate ourselves, which is how you know we're sincere about our politics. Joey saw the promise and build us this wonderworld. That's why daddy left us forever.

i would take a funny pissy post, or a psychotic fever-dream post, or even half of the catchphrase bullshit that pops up over the bulk of the baffler's output.

and this is in the full knowledge that posting is useless
[account deactivated]
can i get a writing gig instead of the subscription

discipline posted:

Like, the caliber of work here is kinda bad, even articles posted to the front page seem sometimes like a proud mom putting her kid's art on the fridge (many of them are mine full disclosure). We all have the capacity to produce work that exceeds the Baffler or anywhere else in quality but we hate ourselves, which is how you know we're sincere about our politics. Joey saw the promise and build us this wonderworld. That's why daddy left us forever.

so so real.

No one touch Alex Pareene. Sweet Baby Pareene

love Pareene, the only thing I don't like about The Baffler is Tom Frank handing over the Harper's Easy Chair column to boring idiots like Maria Bustillos

discipline posted:

don't be so hard on yourselves there's some good stuff on there, blinkandwheeze's article about vapourwave was really good and made me want to post here again