http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/09/us-egypt-protests-loan-idUSBRE9680H020130709

(Reuters) - Saudi Arabia approved $5 billion in aid to Egypt on Tuesday and the United Arab Emirates has offered $3 billion in desperately needed support for the economy after the army ousted the Islamist president last week.

This is an interesting development. I thought that Morsi and the GCC were working together to supply the Syrian rebels, but now they appear to be concerned that Egypt could destabilize.

Let's hear Tom's opinion.

my opinion is yer a cunt
morsi's a cunt and syria's a big fat cunt. a pack of cunts the lot of ya, you faggot cunts

babyfinland posted:

morsi's a cunt and syria's a big fat cunt. a pack of cunts the lot of ya, you faggot cunts

Morsi is just trying to protect Muslim culture from liberal hedonists like you.

austism_mustang posted:

babyfinland posted:

Morsi is just trying to protect Muslim culture from liberal hedonists like you.

well he fucked that up didnt he

It's hard not to. Politics are very polarized there. At the same time the new government is tenuous, they're running a 15% GDP deficit. Also since the US has that law about not giving money to governments created in a coup, US aid to Egypt is going to be cut off.

Also Egypt is a major food importer, so in order to monetize food subsides they have to keep running down their currency.

Eventually they could run out of public funds and it could be a civil war.

Edited by austism_mustang ()

thats really fascinating i hope a lot of peopel die
life's gotta suck when you're hot and smelly 24/7
First Worlders have the ability to shower regularly.
i like how colin drinks out of conan's mug without realizing what he's doing and conan passively registers it but keeps going
Someone tell LF to into current events.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/55951/Egypt/Politics-/Egypt-liberal,-leftist-forces-to-protest-Brotherho.aspx

Egypt liberal, leftist forces to protest Brotherhood 'partisan' rule in Tahrir

Revolutionary groups, liberals and leftists head to Tahrir Square rally on Friday to protest Muslim Brotherhood's 'control' over the process of writing a constitution, demand retrials for those accused of murdering protesters

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=9164518

At center stage of the feuding is the ultraconservative Salafi al-Nour Party, the sole main Islamist faction that sided with the mainly secular groups that led the charge against Morsi. On Saturday, the party blocked the appointment of reform leader Mohammed ElBaradei, a favorite of liberal, leftist and secular groups, as prime minister.

I like how the only reason Rhizzone started supporting Morsi was to disagree with Babyfinland.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-bankrolled-anti-morsi-activists-us-money-trail-to-egyptian-groups-that-pressed-for-presidents-removal/5342377

The State Department’s programme, dubbed by US officials as a “democracy assistance” initiative, is part of a wider Obama administration effort to try to stop the retreat of pro-Washington secularists, and to win back influence in Arab Spring countries that saw the rise of Islamists, who largely oppose US interests in the Middle East.

So leftists are rethinking.

I mean the article is phrased pretty neutrally, its good to hear that "Islamists oppose US interests in the Middle East" now. That's kind of the opposite of what the Rhizzone consensus was earlier.

what makes u think Rhizzone dont also oppose US interests
he needs therapy because all he seems to do is taunt/troll imaginary friends

Superabound posted:

what makes u think Rhizzone dont also oppose US interests

Thats the joke. Rhizzone is almost totally reactive. They will do anything to oppose what they correctly or incorrectly perceive as US policies.

he needs therapy because all he seems to do is taunt/troll imaginary friends

This is why I hate being banned. When I posted my gay marriage posts in LF the response was hysterical. When I post them here, people feel no need to respond.

Edited by austism_mustang ()

austism_mustang posted:

Thats the joke. Rhizzone is almost totally reactive. They will do anything to oppose what they correctly or incorrectly perceive as US policies.

ok but you still havent said what theyre doing wrong

That's not the part I disagree with. Morsi and Bin Laden were heroes, even though they're incompetent.

What yall need to realize is that, if you really want to be edgy, offend your parents, feel radical or whatever, it's not enough to merely oppose everything the US does. You need to support its enemies.
i do. which believe me causes my mother no end of consternation
mustang i probably shouldnt be telling you this before youre ready, but once you get Too Big To Spank you can actually start politically radicalizing your own parents and propagandizing them into your shared worldview. its pretty cool, i suggest you try it when you get the chance