germanjoey posted:

gyrofry posted:

why not just move it to the cloud

it is on the cloud already. we're on a shared virtually-allocated server. that's what being on the cloud means.

ok.
i vote for leave it how it is until a trustworthy individual comes along who can check the memory use for you and find out whats going wrong. no need rto risk losing search or doing a move that might not solve anything. if the memory tester determines it needs to upgrade then do it.
[account deactivated]
I will place $100 at the usual dead drop location for khamsek and expct this to be forwarded to u
[account deactivated]
http://audioboo.fm/boos/1317631
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
on a side note how did this corey guy e nd up on my goodreads friend list hi corey

discipline posted:

do it and I'll pay for the test

well the test upgrade is just 17 bucks for a single time. the question i want to know is where that 17 bucks a month is coming from for the next 2 years or whatever. next year. next 6 months. or what have you.

[account deactivated]
ioll pay for it if you let me make the thread template rhizomatic instead of this outdated arborescent Bull Shit. no wonder youre getting Gateway errors
i think maybe goatstein should pay for the entire server bill and also to make discipline and joey permanent editor-admins. he can get the money by promising to donate his enormous head to science for an advance.
well i spend about a hundred bucks a week on alcohol but damned if im gonna cut that out to help u nerds
have you tried just using one of those little drinking birds to hit the reset button for you while youre afk?

Superabound posted:

have you tried just using one of those little drinking birds to hit the reset button for you while youre afk?

Simpson's reference. LOVE IT

ill pay money but only on the condition that goatstein can never post ever again.

libelous_slander posted:

Superabound posted:

Simpson's reference. LOVE IT

its an Incredible Machine reference you cretin

suicide bomb art

gyrofry posted:

I will place $100 at the usual dead drop location for khamsek and expct this to be forwarded to u

http://manyfesto.net/donate/

Superabound posted:

i could set a cronjob to do it every hour i guess.

hey posted:

ill pay money but only on the condition that goatstein can never post ever again.

germanjoey posted:

Superabound posted:

like, this would "solve" the problem of the website being down completely for a half a day, but wouldnt solve the problem of the website sometimes being slow as hell. (e.g. some request manages to use up all allotted resources as to block other incoming requests without managing to use enough to crash the server)

germanjoey posted:

Superabound posted:

this is seriously a common means of handling undiagnosed memory leaks

e: also as for the OP i think you should accept the transfer to newer hardware and you might be able to stop paying for the extra memory too

Edited by Agnus_Dei ()

hi fape!!
fape pls dont listent o tpaine theres a good chance you havent caught the fail aides
Listen to the Jew tpaine, He knows Wot he sayeth: Keep the search, for it spreads good Cheers among ken
do the transfer if it will make ur life easier imo
Dear gemran joey

An error message i received while trying to search reveals a problem:

DEBUG True

This is bad and could be causing the problems.

DEBUG
Default: False

A boolean that turns on/off debug mode.

Never deploy a site into production with DEBUG turned on.

Did you catch that? NEVER deploy a site into production with DEBUG turned on.

One of the main features of debug mode is the display of detailed error pages..

It is also important to remember that when running with DEBUG turned on, Django will remember every SQL query it executes. This is useful when you’re debugging, but it’ll rapidly consume memory on a production server.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you want more assistance Im happy to help. Mr Crow can vouch for me. If i do anything bad he will wrest control of the "Occupy Adelaide" facebook page from my fragile hands.

Thank you

i'll pay if i can get, say, 30% of the cia documents on this place

animedad posted:

i'll pay if i can get, say, 30% of the cia documents on this place

Are you kidding? the CIA doesn't hang out in backwater holes like this

i went to occupy adelaide and it was 2 tents and i joined the mailing list and they never emailed me. kewl effort fellas
[account deactivated]
i would put my change in the rhizzone collection plate.

Zen_Punk posted:

i would put my change in the rhizzone collection plate.

thanks obama

[account deactivated]

ok i requested the transfer. unfortunately the available time slots were really inconvenient (only weekdays, and only 9:00-18:00 UTC ugh) so the website will also be down probably all day friday. i wont be able to fix it at work (i work ~10:00-19:00 PST and then eat dinner after), so unless it works right away (barring search), expect it down until very late friday night.