KilledInADuel posted:

the big thing now is for adults to take tv shows seriously as a form of intellectual engagement. i'm not sure if this has ever been the case before the past decade. now you spend hours, days, weeks of your lives watching mad men, the wire etc. just for basic cultural literacy. when you look at the volumes of critical writing produced by girls or game of thrones, you can see the weight of this pose threatening to collapse in on itself.

at least no one is watching this shit live tho

THIS is the next stop: Autonomous sensory meridian response

ASMR is a tricky feeling to describe, and I can only talk about it secondhand. From what I understand from conversations with ASMRers, it’s a tingle in your brain, a kind of pleasurable headache that can creep down your spine. It’s a shortcut to a blissed-out meditative state that allows you to watch long videos that for someone who doesn’t have ASMR are mind-meltingly dull. Not everyone gets this feeling, and though some people can get the tingles through sheer force of will, most depend on external “triggers” to set them off. Triggers can include getting a massage or a haircut or a manicure, or hearing someone talk in a soothing tone of voice (Bob Ross, the “let’s put a happy tree right here” painter from PBS, is a common trigger), or even just watching someone pay extremely close attention to a task, like assembling a model. It’s not usually sexual—everyone who talked to me about ASMR mentioned that right off the bat—but like sexual turn-ons, different people have different things that set them off: the sound of lips smacking together, a cashier’s fake nails tapping on the register, your friend drawing on your hand with a marker.

now what do we have here, a relatively undocumented phenomenon of pleasure that comes from Your Owne nape. time to find a way to squeeze my crinkles and Put this Fucker to the Test.

Esmeralda SilentCitadel · Minor river nymph at Poseidon
It would be a real boon if the scientific community would actually sit up and take notice- it's not an ailment- rather it's a boon, which is, by and large, why (I suspect) it's been overlooked. The possible benefits are extremely promising though. I've had a number of people with insomnia, anxiety, ocd, etc- all report to me that ASMR has lessened or eliminated their symptoms.

oh by all means why dont we take Notice into our own hands

http://www.reddit.com/r/asmr
ah Nice.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nsfwasmr
oph Yes Yes why Wouldnt we

good

Better!

tghats the ticket

ok now picture somebody sitting at their computer screen drooling, eyelids open only enough to stream in a video of a woman folding towels really quietly for 15 mintues, zoning out into oblivious ecstacy that is reminiscent of that state youre in when youre a baby in a mothers arms. only this time its copper wire.

i Spit. Never have i thought stockholm syndrome could be so tangible an ENEMY. Red Saulte. *watches 10 suttsteve videos in a row*

*tents fingers*

how is posting the same articles on the rhizzone.net frontpage and manyfesto affecting our brand
o cool that thing has a name even. theres a particular channel on youtube i goto when i need to relaxxx.its kinda insane how well it works when it really works.

getfiscal posted:

inf0rmation wantz 2 B free

KilledInADuel posted:

thats a totes different facet of a national tv network. its just a direct result of hollywood sinking lower into the deepest depths of irrelevance sans a couple titles a year and lots of money going into television productions, and obviously the writing, as a result. hd and widescreen televisions also help. youre prolly also seeing allot of text written about popular fiction since al lot of people are getting used to the idea of publishing thoughts on the internet. and they don t want to write thoughts on stuff they dont know anything about eg. anything other than tv or video games. doesnt seem too alarming. theyll grow out of it i bet. i mean, tumblr's only seen a couple years as a big relevant site. more alarming are the reasons people have time to watch hella long tv shows: erosion of prose and the general, growing divide between superstars and nobodies in all cultural fields (deadmau5 and skrillex vs. all other electronic acts, much less unknown local ones, or harry potter and twilight vs. all other fiction. i get the impression that african american communities kinda dodge this issue (minorities in general actuly), kids rappin with each other and genuinely enjoying the time vs. white dude choosin not to pay five bux to see local punk band so he can save money to go to lullapalootsa. so you got a lot more time on your hands when you dont have to take part in local cultural activities, just go see Big Artist when theyre touring relatively close)

littlegreenpills posted:

whats stoppin them? capitalism prolly. but yeh, state-funded children's tv programming and ad-free channels are insanely important for the obvious reasons (the infrastructure is there so its mega cheap to broadcast nationally, even the most broken fucked up homes are likely to have a tv, the hypnotic and magical qualities of cartoons etc. have prolly powered more than a few of the west's unluckiest kids through their otherwise miserable childhoods with junkie parents etc. i mean, even if youre in a household thats too poor to afford books or comics or toys or even gas to get to the library, all you need is tv and a child can get some smily faces in their life. maybe the answer is in the middle )

jeffery posted:

nnot yet, wat u see in rhiz is what u get

NounsareVerbs posted:

eevrybody shoud do lsd ahgreed

Edited by Fucker ()

ive never watched tv, but ive seen all the sopranos and wrestlemania youtubes

Fucker posted:

Fucker posted:

o cool that thing has a name even. theres a particular channel on youtube i goto when i need to relaxxx.its kinda insane how well it works when it really works.

i found out that this was a Thing just a few months ago, before i'd always just assumed that it was pretty uncommon and/or nobody talked about it

what's weird is that i never felt guilty or shameful about indulging it until i found out it had a name and a subreddit and everything

can't wait for it, too, to be commodified

stressed-out business dudes in they hotel rooms, paying $14.95 for a 45-minute ppv-on-demand of someone with an unidentifiable accent whispering with a slight lisp while brushing a wig on a styrofoam mannequin head

[account deactivated]
i guess i'd be jealous too if people had invented a nonsexual way to masturbate but it didn't work for me

Fucker posted:

edit; as far as politics go, focusing on education is hella more important, when talkin bout poors. so as far as they go, what is to be done is put monny in2 schoolz. so the poor kids can grow to form households that can afford to replace tv with netflix

don't worry warren buffet is on it

http://www.smckids.com/episodes/?vidlink=16

thirdplace posted:

Fucker posted:

edit; as far as politics go, focusing on education is hella more important, when talkin bout poors. so as far as they go, what is to be done is put monny in2 schoolz. so the poor kids can grow to form households that can afford to replace tv with netflix

don't worry warren buffet is on it

http://www.smckids.com/episodes/?vidlink=16

lol kill everyone http://www.smckids.com/episodes/?vidlink=02

i feel the rHizzonE should look further into deprogramming ability of LSD. CIA tried it, Aum Shinrikyo tried it. event where i was talking about masaokis videos but i couldn't describe how i knew him because i had forgotten that the internet existed
[account deactivated]
my parents did not own a tv until i was 12, and i became a supergenius. so, just one data point reporting in...

actually i just read fucking books all the time and that was cool but what was uncool was me, because i couldn't talk at lunch about the latest rugrats episode and fuck me, didn't even know the power rangers fucking names.
In my experience bourgeois kids in America are now babysat by tablet PCs
wait a minute is this ASMR stuff an actual discrete, non-typical thing? i thought everyone got that shit all the time, and it was just a natural part of chillaxing?
fyi all future references to ASMR will be replaced by "gellin'"