http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/israel-passes-law-banning-too-skinny-models-article-1.1235593

Last week a new law in Israel went into effect banning models with a BMI (body mass index) level below 18.5 from the catwalk as well as from photo shoots and advertising campaigns.

Produced by measuring a person's weight against their height squared, the Body Mass Index has become an increasingly common tool used to classify body types, with subjects classed into 'underweight,' 'normal,' 'overweight' and 'obese.'

It's now being used by the Israeli authorities in the fight against eating disorders. According to the Jerusalem Post, "every year, some 1,500 teenagers develop an eating disorder, and 5% of those suffering from anorexia die each year."

Placing the blame at the foot of the fashion industry, and an obsession with unattainable female physiques, lawmakers have responded by banning models with BMIs of below 18.5 (the minimum 'normal' weight) from the runway and the media in Israel.

The Israeli government joins a number of other organizations like Milan Fashion Week, Vogue and the Council of Fashion Designers of America in setting minimum BMI limits. However this is the first time that a country has set down legislation for a wholesale ban on what are viewed by some as unhealthily skinny models.

Having starred in shoots for Vogue Italia, British Elle, and Harpers Bazaar, the Columbia University and Sciences-Po-educated model Yomi Abiola founded Stand up for Fashion (STUFF) in October 2012. STUFF is a global campaign promoting diversity, equality and inclusion, which aims to "transform lives through the power of fashion."

According to Abiola, the move by the Israeli state is well-intentioned: "legislation certainly creates a context and framework for changes around body image to be made," she said in an email to Relaxnews. In reality, though, the problems lie much deeper as "eating disorders and female body image are beyond a number on the body mass index."
alg_anorexia.jpg
Fred Dufour/Getty

"Ultimately, the step made by Israel is an effort to address an issue that transcends models and the fashion industry," adds Abiola.

In 2006 the organizers of Milan Fashion Week demanded a minimum BMI of 18.5, and in the same year Madrid Fashion Week set a target BMI of 18 for all models taking part in runway shows.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/israel-passes-law-banning-too-skinny-models-article-1.1235593#ixzz2LK0DOy8e
[account deactivated]
So im guessing palestinians are now barred from being models lol. The country is a concentration camp ^^^^^^^^^vvvvvvvvvvvv>>>
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Edited by karphead ()

last one

My fives

getfiscal posted:

lol

all completely justified probations.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
not even half a page worth of posts in this amazing thread. such is the legacy of the ifap-heavy Badtimes
ahahahahahhaa
no.
great....Now im upset.
you really got an eye for detail superabound
lol
http://dawn.com/news/1048776

Malala: The real story (with evidence)
"Collecting earwax from my patients is a hobby of mine"
Turns out that this chick is a commie

Goatstein_Ascendant posted:

wow wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wowowwo wow ow wow ow ow wo wo wo wo wow owwo wowowowow wowowowow owow wow wow wow wow wow wow owo wowo wowo wowo wo wo wo wowo wo wowo

communists couldn't solve a squared circle
erases class because of the edge of discontinuity

wasted posted:

communists couldn't solve a squared circle

oh wahts that? you are a fucking square? yeah thought so bitch, communism is cool

" And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that... these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us."

the IMT hardly count as commies

Goatstein_Ascendant posted:

http://www.struggle.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Malala-Yousafzai-at-IMT-National-Marxist-School.jpg

trot spotted