[account deactivated]
Okay so the article isn't what's posted above. tpaine has made some sarcastic changes. I've PMed a moderator. Just vote 1 and move on.
[account deactivated]
im so mad irl
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

Okay so the article isn't what's posted above. tpaine has made some sarcastic changes. I've PMed a moderator. Just vote 1 and move on.

Do you like walking down the street without getting shot? Do you enjoy being able to spend your money where and how you want? Without the military you'd be afraid to leave the house. They defend our freedom abroad so we can prosper at home. You can just love somewhere else if you are that stupid
[account deactivated]
So I'm listening to some sort of doco on Herakles, and the narrator literally just said "there are some striking parallels between the challenges herakles faced in his labours, and those of the games."

Hmm yes striking indeed, diverting rivers to clean shit out of the stables, slaying the nemean lion, finding golden apples, all of these tasks are strikingly similar to foot races, spear chucking, and pankration. Evidently Herakles did play a leading role in the olympic games.

okay some of the tasks were similar to pankration.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

please stop

no ive decided this thread isn't good.

commissar note: I've decided your posts are not good

Edited by babyhueypnewton ()

tpaine posted:

vilerat can't help you now, fringus

Lykourgos posted:

spear chucking

Whoa, whoah whoa man, not cool.

damnit you missed a great opportunity for a *record scratch* awkward silence
Yeah, I could see an armed drone being useful in a situation like Ruby Ridge, where there's an intense firefight with no obvious peaceful solution and officers are in significant danger. The problem would be mission creep, where it would get easier and easier to just send a drone rather than human beings.

I'd want some rather clear guidelines in place, set up by an independent board, with stringent penalties for violating them.

US Military: ""
http://www.theonion.com/articles/sweating-obama-admits-drone-strikes-have-been-happ,31219/