[account deactivated]
yeah its when you suck a taco down ur gullet in slow mo
the south has the best food
where else can i eat chitterlings and fatback all day but the south
New Orleans > New York

ggw posted:

New Orleans > New York

Yes, I moved here as a wave of white trust fund kiddies departed, they realized that katrina was a planned disaster meant to sanitize the city for adventurous northerners but had to wait for the potable water to get turned back on before moving...

swampman posted:

Hey all. Just hanging out in my Brooklyn apartment, doing New york things like owning vanity pets or getting charged a dime for matches by an old chinese lady

same. where you at? im in park slope

My Apartment In Park Slope

most cities have good food in some measure i think
that said i got a burrito in leeds and it was wrapped in this weird tortilla/naan thing and i think it had tomato sauce in it? that was not good food. but we got some really good punjabi food and also some decent thai stuff and a student place where you can get a 14 inch pizza for like £1.99 as long as you dont mind your poop being a weird colour the next day. also pies. we have lots of pies. basically leeds is better than new york or whatever

herschel posted:

swampman posted:

Hey all. Just hanging out in my Brooklyn apartment, doing New york things like owning vanity pets or getting charged a dime for matches by an old chinese lady

same. where you at? im in park slope

I'm in bushwick. Greetings.

hello. i am in bedstuy. in between the two gay neighborhoods u guys live in. mine is the cool one.
I don't know what this thread is about. Something about anti-northern aggression or something. A peculiar american phenomenon. I share this dream; it includes all of us.
no its a shi\tty threadu made to try and call me and khamsek out i guess for whatever reason??
[account deactivated]
3.50 vegetable lo mein w/ 1 chicken leg and free soda?

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

no its a shi\tty threadu made to try and call me and khamsek out i guess for whatever reason??

If that's the case then I'm sorry. It was irresponsible and glib.

Jesus christ all you new yorkers think about is your stomachs, it's a collection of nutrients to keep you alive for gods sake:

"oh i had some really great oxygen today, I think it had come up from Antigua"

wasted posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
If that's the case then I'm sorry. It was irresponsible and glib.

do no apologize for being irresponsible and glib, this is the rhizzone.

urban cosmopolitans need to have this mirror held up to them, it's the very tepid 21st century version of shanghai intellectuals being shipped out to the rice paddies.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
how are the vending machines in new york?
when i was in new york i was in greenpoint for a coupla weeks and then in bay ridge for a coupla weeks. in greenpoint i had some really good borscht. in bay ridge i had some decent falafel. can i be in new york neighbourhood discusso kru

swampman posted:

nice. hard at work turning it into the next williamsburg?

Mexican food is some good shit.

Meursault posted:

Mexican food is some good shit.

chinese mexican is the best mexican.

i cant decide if i should go to get a burrito from the chinese mexican ppl in belham bay or wait till ig et to the city and get a chicken gyro from the halal cart on 86th and lex
Wow shut up about food lol
actually, never shut up about food, unveiling, now, the newest member of the ridiculously wide rhizzone article page, a scrolling series of short 'bite-sized' if you will, reviews of food trucks by labor aristocrats/lumpen-bourgeois
Food is my anti-drug... give Tacos a chance, rhizzone drug abusers.

herschel posted:

swampman posted:

nice. hard at work turning it into the next williamsburg?

Kind of. I dont really have to do anything it just sort of happens. Thankfully its still not a very good place to keep babies, infants, and other neonates.

[account deactivated]
it used to be really cool before the start of November...
[account deactivated]
BUNCHA MUSLIMS MOVIN INTO THE NEIGHBORHOOD MAKIN EVERYONE FEEL FEELINGS
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

I don't know why everyone says my neighborhood is bad. it sure beats walking around cairo after dark. I go to the dollar store and everyone seems very friendly and people laugh in public about stuff and strike up conversations with strangers. what's the deal. it's because black people and jewish people live here isn't it

It was bad less than 2 year ago, and people are weird paranoiacs. But also a friend of mine got robbed at gunpoint on the sidewalk just a little way south of you last spring. But anyway its not whole neighborhoods that are dangerous just usually specific streets, avenues, boulevards, what ever

"rentin on streets you scared to park on at night..."