Impper posted:

shut up about ny

the second-city complex arrives.......

Impper posted:

shut up about ny

Fat chance, this whole thread is about the very place! Bugger off ya spiv

"no one would ever grass me up for jaywalking because id go around that cunts place and have a go at im with me hurley and then fuck his sheela wot wot" - IWC

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Impper posted:
shut up about ny

the second-city complex arrives.......

I know it well, we get the same shit from Melbournians

but iwc you dont livei n tweed...
I'm going to start advertising a bike tour of donut shops. it will be comprehensive, grueling, and dangerous.

NY would probably be sweet then. I never hear of anyone getting done for it here, and I’m pretty sure in the UK pedestrians actually have a legal right to be on the road.

I imagine that in places like Phoenix or Dallas they have whole tactical units dedicated to harassing suspicious (aka carless) people.

actually dallas has the best mass transit system in the state! unfortunately the city is a shithole

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

the quality of the mediterranean and mexican food is what makes a city great hth. for that reason New York is really just OK

austin passes this test and it's still a pretty bad towne

Guyovich posted:

actually dallas has the best mass transit system in the state!

yeah and Israel has the best democracy in the middle east

homie im from austin and if you think they ahve good mediterranean food you've never let texas. only quality joint is jerusalem cafe

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

but iwc you dont livei n tweed...

zuh?

Lol, urban issues thread becomes ethnic cuisine thread: 3 pages, not bad.

yeah and Israel has the best democracy in the middle east

oh it's not good by any means, just better than the buses in austin and the one light rail in houston

i disagree guyovich, i live and work in the triangle so i never need to leave except to take the free UT shuttle. and all my classes are in the business building so its at the very north part of campus so its only like 3 minutes. worsk great for me.
lol

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

i disagree guyovich, i live and work in the triangle so i never need to leave except to take the free UT shuttle. and all my classes are in the business building so its at the very north part of campus so its only like 3 minutes. worsk great for me.

same, in fact me and my girlfriend spend so much time in the triangle that our friends call us "the square"

heh, just a little Austin humour

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

OH THE BUSINESS BUILDINGS ARE IN THE VERY NORTH PART OF CAMPUS HUH

FUCKIN RETARD

jeffery posted:

I would like to visit New York. New York Posters: What are some fun things to do in New York?

Wow late to this thread... busy couple of weeks, what with Million Puppet March, gonzo live microblogging the delicious Mark Levine tears, Sandy blackout parties, and of course training for Tough Mudder with DR... anyway hit me up for the real story on NY places to see. Don't believe me? One stop at my favorite gluten-free vegan pizza joint in South Slope and EO swore off The Papa for life- just saying

dude its like a block north of mlk and congress thats p far north...
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
no the arab food is rly good the mexian food is bad, Tmoney. jeezum cripes.
tmoney do you talk to the arab ppl at the store in arabic

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

tmoney do you talk to the arab ppl at the store in arabic

i asked her the same thing lol

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i talk to the peurto rican people in puerto rican but i dont talk to the mexican ppl and stuff bc they sound retarded

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

dude its like a block north of mlk and congress thats p far north...

that's the south side of campus. Nuff said.

Groulxsmith posted:

jeffery posted:

I would like to visit New York. New York Posters: What are some fun things to do in New York?

Wow late to this thread... busy couple of weeks, what with Million Puppet March, gonzo live microblogging the delicious Mark Levine tears, Sandy blackout parties, and of course training for Tough Mudder with DR... anyway hit me up for the real story on NY places to see. Don't believe me? One stop at my favorite gluten-free vegan pizza joint in South Slope and EO swore off The Papa for life- just saying

OK heres my pm lol. Tell me what to do --PLeaSE!!

i try to talk to clerks in french but i get paralytically shy so i ended up being like "bonjour" and then they go "would you like a bag?" or whatever in french and i answer "yes, please, just one" (in english) and blush and then run away

Crow posted:

that's the south side of campus. Nuff said.

i.. know...

mexican in ny will never be as good as it is in texas or any other border state but there are enough good places scattered around the city to fulfill that need. you just have to be willing to tolerate white people in buttoned shirts with rolled-up sleeves making theatrical "mmMM!" noises and telling each other "it's just as good as the voice said it was"
naw. chicago is the best city for mexican food outside of texas / arizona / california / new mexico, but new york is nowhere near there. the mediterranean food is very good in new york, bad in chicago. in fact by the criteria i listed mexico city is the greatest city in the world and i plan to move there and being the gentrification process as soon as possible
I POST ON THE Z ZONE SO YEA IM PRETTY WELL ABLE TO TOLERATE ANNOYING WHITE PPL. TELL ME WHERE THE FOOD IS.
there are only a handful of burrito places in montreal. no food trucks yet either. as a young white gentrifier this bums me out a bit.

getfiscal posted:

there are only a handful of burrito places in montreal. no food trucks yet either. as a young white gentrifier this bums me out a bit.

isn't taco time good enough?

look, i love the latin fusion stylings of celebrity chef rick bayless as much as anyone. he's made the windy city the new capital of mexican cuisine, single-handedly! but it just isn't enough.

swirlsofhistory posted:

getfiscal posted:

isn't taco time good enough?

there are no taco time franchises in montreal.

Do you guys like the food where they make noodles and put like butter and tomato on it instead of fish juice and bug cream like we all enjoy when we eat fusion Vietnamese/taco. Not sure what its called but apparently baby boomers liked this kind of food.
[account deactivated]